According to the official website of Electronic Diversity Visa (EDV), they have estimated the result will be published till July 15. Even on their website they have mentioned the error that was caught in their programming one month before.
We WapNepal team, wish all WapNepal visitors have a good luck.
You can go through full article on official website of EDV
Some of the following FAQ’s has been posted in official website to let all visitors and EDV applicants know .
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why was it necessary to invalidate the names that were selected?
- U.S. law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process. A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.
- Since the computer programming error caused an outcome that was not random, the outcome did not meet the requirements of the law, and would have been unfair to many DV entrants.
Q: Is the 2012 Diversity Visa Program cancelled?
- No. The 2012 program will continue. The computer programming error has been identified and corrected. The Department of State will run a new selection using all the qualified entries (ones received between October 5, 2010 and November 3, 2010) it received for the 2012 program.
Q: Do I have to submit a new application?
- No. You may not submit a new application. We will use all qualified entries received during the October 5 to November 3, 2010 registration period.
Q: Will you open a new entry period?
- New entries will not be accepted.
Q: I checked the Entry Status Check website after May 1 and it said I had been selected. Can I apply for a DV visa?
- Unfortunately results previously posted on this website were not valid because the selection process was not fair or random. We will take the entries of all individuals who sent in their registration during the original October 5 to November 3, 2010 time period and run a new lottery. We regret any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused. We expect new results to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.
Q: How can I check the results of the new selection?
- The new results should be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011. The confirmation code you received when you registered is still valid for use on the website.
Q: Was the Department of State hacked? Was my personal information at risk?
- We have no evidence that this problem was caused by any intentional act. No unauthorized party accessed data related to the DV program.
This appears to be solely the result of a computer programming error.