India is providing scholarships to Nepalese in engineering, medicine, agriculture, pharmacology, veterinary sciences, computer application, business administration, music and fine arts, etc. Helping hands of India Government are always ready for students. This time too, India Government has announced for several scholarship schemes for Students from Nepal. There are several scholarship fields that student can achieve. With the aid of Indian Government, Students must be much more serious in studies and students must utilize their creativity and hard labor in studies.
According to Indian embassy latest report, Around 1500 scholarships/seats are provided every year by GOI though the Embassy of India, Kathmandu to Nepali nationals for undergoing various courses at the Ph.D/Masters, Bachelors and Plus-two levels in India as well as Nepal.
We can conlcude that Indian Embassy is helping Nepali Students in MBBS, BE, BSc Ag, BPharm, MSc Ag, Silver Jubilee Scheme for Postgraduate Studies, Dr. Homi J Bhabha Scholarships, ITEC, AYUSH, TCS Colombo Plan, Mahatma Gandhi Scholarships.
The following are the references for Scholarships in India. Students will get scholarships in India in several fields.
Latest Update on Indian Embassy Scholarships
- 70 Scholarships are given for studying BE/B.Tech in top engineering colleges in India; 50 scholarships to undertake undergraduate courses such as BBA/Others; 5 scholarships for undertaking Music/Fine Arts courses; and 3 seats for MBBS.
- 60 Scholarships for undertaking post graduate courses in disciplines like MBA/MCA and other PG level courses.
- The Golden Jubilee scholarship scheme was implemented for the first time in 2002-03 under which 100 scholarships are awarded to Nepalese students studying in MBBS, BE/B.Tech and other undergraduate courses in Nepal.
- Under the Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme, initiated in 2003-04, 1000 scholarships are being provided every year to students of Class-XI and XII studying in Nepal.
- The Dr. Homi J. Bhaba Scheme launched in 2004-05, provided 20 scholarships to Nepalese students for studying ME/M.Tech in India.
- Under a new scheme, implemented in 2005-06, 10 Nepali students are provided scholarships for studying in a reputed public school in India.
- Under another scheme launched in 2005-06, 3 students are sent to India for undergraduate and post-graduate studies in Ayurveda, Unani and Homeopathy, and 10 for B. Pharma.