Typing in NEPALI, HINDI with old fonts like preeti ,himali is really a burden for many of us. For computers, Google has made GOOGLE NEPALI INPUT application which is based in Unicode to type Nepali writing it on Roman.
Same like it , GOOGLE has recently rolled out a new app that allows users to input text in Hindi on their Android phone. The app, known as Google Hindi Input, also supports transliteration, which allows users to type in English and convert them into Hindi.
It can also be used by Nepali users for typing. (Google may soon launch NEPALI INPUT too).
The Google Hindi Input app is available on the Google Play store for the Android version 2.0+. The app features a Hindi keyboard, which allows users to type and input text in Devanagari script.
Consonants are alphabetically ordered into 2 pages. To navigate between the pages, users need to press the paging button “1/2” “2/2”. By long press the character key, users can select various forms in the popup.
In the transliteration mode, users can type Hindi word in English characters and the app will convert them to Hindi. By turning off the transliteration mode on English keyboard, you can type in English. You can download the app from Play store here.
If you cannot see Hindi, Marathi or Nepali messages on your phone, then this is the app for you. It is an one-click Devanagari Font Installer. It requires a rooted android device.
If you don’t have rooted phone, then please don’t install this app and don’t judge the app. Please first check if your phone is rooted or what is rooting the phone!
If you don’t have rooted android phone, then you can try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suttittech.dfr
*** How To Use ***
1. You have option to install any one of two different devanagari fonts.
2. Click on ‘Install 1’ or ‘Install 2’ button.
3. Phone will be rebooted automatically, to apply changes.
4. Check if devanagari messages can be seen properly.
5. If you want to use another devanagari font, then click on alternate button.
6. Phone will be rebooted again automatically, to apply changes.
7. Hopefully, devanagari font will be installed in your device.