Kathmandu University announces the opening of the applications for the admission to the Undergraduate Programs for the academic year 2011 in the School of Science and Engineering.
To go online application
The application is open for the following programs:
BTech in Biotechnology
BTech in Environmental Engineering
Bachelor of Pharmacy
BSc in Environmental Science
BSc in Human Biology
BSc in Applied Physics
BE in Computer Engineering
BE in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Communication)
BE in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Power and Control)
BE in Mechanical Engineering
BE in Geomatics Engineering
BE in Civil Engineering (Specialization in Hydropower)
* Bachelors in Media Studies
From 2010, we have introduced an electronic admission management system which can be accessed both online and in the KU intranet. The online version of the system would be available at KUs website from July 20, 2011. Additionally, the intranet version of the system would be open at KUs premises in Dhulikhel from July 24 to August 8, 2011.
* The electronic admission management system is currently not available for Media Studies. For those seeking admission to this program are requested to contact the concerned Department at Kathmandu University.
Procedures of the electronic admission management system
– Access the electronic admission management system either online or at the KU intranet.
– Please fill in all the information asked in the electronic form available. Some fields are mandatory to be filled in the form while others are optional. A mandatory field is denoted by an asterisk (*) symbol. The system does not allow you to proceed further if you miss to fill in some information or if you fill the data inappropriately. On completing the form, you will be able to preview the information that you have filled. After saving the filled in information, you will be provided a confirmation message of your successful application submission. The message also would contain your application ID. Please save this message (there is a save button in the form for this purpose just below the message) or note your application ID. You would need to produce this application ID later on to confirm your application.
– The next step to the application submission is getting a voucher for the payment of the application fee, an amount of NRs. 1000 in the following bank accounts:
Nepal Investment Bank
Account no: 00501030250009
– On producing the voucher payment and after the admission team verifies your original documents and credentials against the information that you have entered while filling the form, you will be provided an admit card for the entrance test. Please bring along with you at least four passport size photos and originals as well as copies of your academic credentials and testimonials.
Note: The document verification and issuance of admit cards for the entrance test would commence from July 24, 2011. The last date for submitting and confirming the application through both online and KU intranet versions of the system is August 8, 2011.
For Graduate Admission
For Undergraduate Admission
Kathmandu University announces the opening of admission to the Undergraduate Programs in School of Science and School of Engineering for the academic year 2014/2015.
Admission is open for the following programs:
Candidates are required to take Computer-based Entrance Exam in either PCM or PCB.
Instructions to the Applicants:
|1.||Register your name for Computer-based Test (CBT) at http://apply.ku.edu.np/cbt. Candidates are required to register online before visiting the admissions office for admit cards.|
|2.||Pay the required CBT and admission application processing fee of Rs. 1250 to any one of the following KU Account at any branch of the banks mentioned below.Account Name : Kathmandu University
Branch : Any
Bank Account Information:
Nepal Investment Bank Ltd A/C No. : 00501030250009
Machhapuchchhre Bank Ltd A/C No. : 2022524044147028
Nabil Bank Ltd A/C No. : 0110010955102
|3.||Visit admissions office located at TTL Auditorium, KU main campus, Dhulikhel with your identification document (citizenship card or passport), a photocopy of the identification document, 3 recent PP-size photographs and a bank voucher of Rs. 1250. Make an appointment for CBT and collect admit card.|
|4.||Appear on Computer Based Entrance Exam. Please do not forget to bring your admit card and identification document along with you.|
|5.||Fill up the online application form for admission. The online application form will be available from July 21, 2014 to July 28, 2014 at http://apply.ku.edu.np/admission.|
|6.||Follow the announcements at http://ku.edu.np.|
Time Schedule for Admission
Applicants are advised to follow the time schedule given below.
Working days and other schedules will be as per the academic calendar published by the university.
|Online registration for CBT||July 5 to 20, 2014|
|Appointment for CBT and admit card collection||July 8 to 21, 2014 between 10 AM and 3 PM|
|Date||July 10 to 27, 2014 – As mentioned in the admit card|
|Time||As mentioned in the admit card|
|Venue||KU main campus, Dhulikhel|
|Submission of completed application form||July 21 to 28, 2014|
|Publication of selected candidates list||July 30, 2014|
|Admission period||August 1 to 5, 2014 unless otherwise stated in the admission notice|
Send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (011) 681572.
- Candidates can appear in the CBT at most two times. Rs. 1250 will be charged for the additional test.
- Candidates who have passed all courses of Grade 11, have appeared in exams of Grade 12 and are awaiting the results can also apply on a provisional basis.
- Syllabi for entrance exam are available at here to Download.
- Apply early to avoid rush close to the deadline.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for meritorious and financially needy students. The application for financial support is to be submitted at the time of admission.