Nepal- Pending Disaster Response (Volunteer), Volunteers
255 Carter Hall Lane
Millwood, Virginia, 22646
Recruiting Volunteers for Potential Disaster Response in Nepal
***This announcement will be updated as we have information to share. At the moment we do not know timeframes, costs, etc***
Background: Project HOPE has played a crucial role in saving lives in regions hit by natural disasters over much of the last decade, in Haiti,Indonesia,Japan, China and other parts of Southeast Asia.
Mission: Project HOPE is currently providing site assessments in the areas devastated by the recent earthquake, and plans to move forward in responding with volunteer humanitarian assistance response teams. The needs are currently being evaluated, but in preparation, we are accepting volunteer applications for those willing to deploy to Kathmandu, Nepal. Desired volunteers will be willing to deploy with 24 hours notice.
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Needs and Requirements: (specific needs are being determined and may change on a daily basis)
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Primary care providers
- ICU/ Critical Care
- Acute Care
- Nurse Practitioners
- Mental Health
- Operations, logistics and disaster planning
Applicants must have at a minimum:
- A passion for medicine and helping people.
- Licensed specialists with updated credentials.
- The mission will be challenging physically and emotionally, thus each volunteer must be active and in good health.
- Being a team member, sometimes leading and sometimes following is a must. Flexibility toward accommodating change, adaptability, creativity, an adventuresome spirit, and a good attitude is also needed.
- Must have at least one year of recent experience in their applied position in order to be accepted.
- The ability to deploy during the exact timeframe listed above.
- Transportation/ Lodging TBD
- Volunteers are responsible for providing their own international temporary traveler’s health insurance.
- Project HOPE will provide Medical Evacuation coverage.
- Project HOPE will provide a uniform package (3 t-shirts, 1 polo, and 1 baseball cap).
Malaria Prophylaxis : Yes
Vaccine Recommendations : Routine vaccines- Make sure you are up-to-date on routine vaccines before every trip. These vaccines include measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, and yearly flu shot. Other vaccines to consider are Hepatitis A, Japanese Encephalitis, and Typhoid. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/nepal
Background, personal and professional reference checks will be performed for all candidates.
Send questions to email@example.com