Nepal has number of Banks. Among them only few are the best bank in Nepal. Here is the list of top 10 banks in Nepal and their services. Many people have asked us about the best bank to open account in Nepal.
List of Best Bank in Nepal
- Bank of Kathmandu: It is one the public bank which was founded on 1995 having headquarter in Kathmandu, as it presents a huge range of merchandise and offerings ranging from different varieties of loans to SMS banking and other different banking services. The bank has unfold across to over 45 branches with more than 50 ATMs.
- Nepal Bank Ltd: Nepal bank limited is one of the the first and government oriented bank in Nepal. It is among the best bank in Nepal. It was established in 1937. The bank has been providing banking through its branch offices in the different geographical locations of the country. It consist 133 branches and provide service and facilities to customer in different geographical region including ATM and internet banking also.normal saving deposit interest rate is 1.25%,3 month deposit 5.00% and 100 day fix deposit interest rate is 8.50%.
- Rastriya banijya bank: It is the bank which is established by government of Nepal on its own investment on January 23, 1966(2022 Magh 10).currently the bank is offering the service oh home loan,vehicle loan,education loan,agriculture loan etc.in normal saving deposit it provides offer of 1.5% per annum for one year fix deposit it provides 3.75% per annum. Bank has the largest branch network in Nepal, it have 66 branches in the mountainous region, 69 in Terai region, and 23 in the Kathmandu Valley. Bank has own 72 ATM outlets.
- Agriculture development bank: It is one of the public organization which is largely organized by government of Nepal. It was founded in January 2 ,1968. It has its headquarter in Ramshah path, Kathmandu. It provides the products like loans, it is used for saving, investment etc. This organization mainly focused on agriculture sector. This bank has been working as a premier rural credit institution since the last three decades. It has been contributing more than 67 percent of institutional credit supply in the country.
- Prabhu bank: Prabhu bank is one of the commercial bank in Nepal. It was founded in 2006. It is one of the A class commercial bank licensed by Nepal Rastra bank. It has its head office in Kathmandu and it has its branches all over the nation. It provides the commercial banking service to its account holder or clients. This bank has been preserving harmonious correspondent relationships with a variety of worldwide banks from a number countries to facilitate trade, remittance and other pass border services.Mr Ashok sherchan is the CEO of this bank.
- Prime Commercial bank: It is also one of the commercial bank bank found in Nepal. It was founded on 2007. It is also one of the A class commercial bank licensed by Nepal Rastra bank. It has its head office in Kathmandu and it has its branches all over the nation. It provides the commercial banking service to its account holder or clients. This two bank has been preserving harmonious correspondent relationships with a variety of worldwide banks from a number countries to facilitate trade, remittance and other pass border services. For more info we can visit www.primebank.com.np.
- Nabil bank limited: It is also one of the commercial bank of Nepal. It was founded on July 12,1984. It has its headquarter in Durbarmarga, Kathmandu and have branches all over the nation. Mr. Sashin joshi is the CEO of this bank. It is traded as NEPSE: NABIL. This bank was incorporated with the objective of extending international standard modern banking services to various sectors of the society. It has the largest staff among private commercial banks of Nepal. It is the the first foreign joint venture bank of Nepal.
- Nepal investment bank limited: It is one of the leading commercial bank of Nepal. It was established in February 27,1986 as joint venture between Nepalese and Credit Agricole Indosuez. It has its headquarter in Durbarmarg, Kathmandu and have branches all over the nation. It served its services in Nepal and India. It is one of the most trusted and popular bank in the country. Nepal Investment Bank Limited (NIBL) is one of the pioneer banks of Nepal. NIBL atm locations, NIBL branches, NIBL banking hours is flexible for everyone.
- Himalayan bank: This is one of the largest public bank among many private bank in Nepal. It was founded on January 18,1993. Its headquarter is located in Kamaladi, Kathmandu and has 44 branches all over the nations. This bank provide commercial banking services, as well as it also offers industrial and merchant banking service. Mr. Ashok SJB Rana is the Chief Executive Officer of the Bank. It provides services like Loans, Credit cards, Savings, Investment, Merchant banking etc .
- Everest bank: It is also one of the commercial bank of Nepal. It is a bank which is joint venture of Punjab National Bank, India as Punjab National Bank holds 20% equity shares of Bank. It was founded on 1994. It has its headquarter on Lazimpat, Kathmandu. This is first Nepalese Bank which have Representative Office in India. It provides services like consumer banking, corporate banking, finance and insurance, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, private equity, savings, Securities, asset management, wealth management, and Credit cards.