EPS refers to Employment Permit System. You must pass the EPS result of EPS Exam which is taken by Human Resource Development Service of Korea if you want to work in Korea. EPS is the Korean language test. Government of Nepal had also signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the government of South Korea on 31st July 2007 for the Employment Permit System (EPS) which allows a number of Nepalese people to work in South Korea every year. Till now more than 40000 Nepalese people are working in South Korea. Passing the EPS Examination is the only way to go and work in Korea. As there is a high pay scale in Korea, many people are being attracted toward the foreign employment in Korea.
To be eligible to go to South Korea for employment, you need to pass EPS-TOPIK Examination and get selected in EPS program. However, the procedure encompasses EPS-TOPIK examination, Job application, Labour contract conclusion, Preliminary training and Entry to Korea for employment. Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) is a Korean language test that is designed to measure the ability of expression and comprehension of non-native speakers of the Korean language. It is offered six times annually (in Jan, Mar, Apr, Jul, Oct, Nov) to foreigners in Korea and twice annually (Apr, Oct) to people studying Korean in other countries. The TOPIK is for non-natives whose first language is not Korean, overseas Koreans who are learning Korean, those wishing to study at a Korean university, and for those who want to be employed at Korean companies in and outside of Korea. TOPIK is administered by the National Institute for International Education – NIIED.
How to check EPS Result online?
- Open your browser and type the website www.epsnepal.gov.np which will direct you to the Homepage of EPS Korea Section with various Information and notices about the EPS process.
- To check the result you need to go to Notice board page. You can access the Notice Board page by clicking “Notice Board” tab on upper blue ribbon of the webpage containing various options like home, about us, citizen charter, notice board, downloads, gallery, etc.
- Or simply scroll down the page to where you can see Notice Board pane. Just below you can see “View All” tab. Click on the tab and you are directed to the Notice board page.
- The page opens up the latest news with title, dates published and download option. If the EPS result for EPS TOPIK examination has been published, then the notice with the title referring to the result will be present there.
- You can click the respective title about result which will download the notice. Or, you can directly download the notice by clicking on the download option in the respective row.
- Lastly, the result notice will be in front of you in pdf format.
Wish you all the best for your result!!!