How disable or enable Internet Explorer’s AutoComplete
The Internet Explorer AutoComplete feature can be enabled and disabled by following the below steps.
1. Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2. Click Tools and then Internet Options.
3. In the Internet Options window click the Content tab.
4. Click the AutoComplete button.
5. Check or uncheck the options you wish have or not have AutoComplete. Below is a brief explanation of what each of the options are for.
Web page addresses
AutoComplete for the address typed in the address bar.
Enable a user to fill out fields that are commonly completed such as e-mail, address, phone number, etc.
User names and passwords on forms
Any forms that are requiring usernames. This can be helpful for users who are frequently needing to enter their username and password. However, can also be a security risk if that computer is used or accessible by other users.
1. Open the Firefox browser.
2. From the Firefox menu, select ‘Tools’
3. Select ‘Options’
4. Click ‘Privacy’
5. Click ‘Saved Forms’
6. Click ‘Settings’
7. Select all options in the ‘Clear Private Data’ window
8. Click OK
9. Click ‘Clear Saved Form Data Now’
10. Uncheck ‘Save information I enter in forms and the Search Bar’
11. Click OK
AutoComplete not only makes it easier for you to automatically fill in forms and logon to secure sites – it also makes it easier for Trojans and hackers to gain access to your personal data and logon credentials. Here’s how to clear the sensitive data stored by AutoComplete and how to disable the feature to protect yourself from compromise.