A fast growing cardiovascular and antidiabetic products division of National Healthcare, under its expansion program requires
Medical Sales Officer: kathmandu, Butwal and other Hqs
Qualification: B pharm/ Bsc Graduates
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Nepal is seeking qualified Nepali Nationals to perform the duties of Medical Escorts as required.
VN#NP/23/15 Medical Escorts
The incumbent will provide health assistance to the migrants during all phases of their journey under IOM care, which would include medical escort, operational support, pre-departure health checks and general assistance such as seating, help with meals and attending to personal hygiene.
The Medical Escort is expected to carry out his/her duties in accordance with strictest moral and ethical standards and with due respect for gender and socio-cultural differences of the migrants. The Medical Escort is likewise responsible for having a valid passport (validity of which should be not less than six months remaining).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive the migrant(s) at the Receiving Point in the Country of Departure; provide the migrant(s) with escort services throughout the journey, and handover the migrant(s) to the designated Receiving Party at the designated place in the Country of Destination.
- Reviews all files of refugees/migrants known to have significant medical conditions and communicating the findings with the IOM physician.
- Medical Escort (and/or the attending medical personnel) completes the airlines MEDIF form in case in-flight special services are required. MEDIF forms are usually submitted at least 2 weeks in advance for review/approval by the Airlines medical staff.
- Responsible for bringing a medical escort kit, with additional medications and medical equipment related to specific needs of the travelling migrants. The escort is expected to return the kit upon completion of tasks and maintain an accurate inventory of supplies used during travel and inform IOM at the base mission accordingly.
- Ensures that the to-be-escorted individual and other IOM passengers are fit for travel and do not pose any health threat to other passengers on the aircraft.
- Reserves the right to cancel any persons from a flight after evaluating the clinical condition of the migrant in coordination with the IOM physician. The medical escort should immediately notify the IOM Migration Health Services Unit and the Operations staff of such events that may cause delays/alterations of the operation as planned.
- Handover the escorted migrant to his/her family, representative from the sponsoring volunteer agency, or the IOM Operations staff, or appropriate health care personnel at the final destination and obtain written evidence of the hand-over.
- Submits a completed Medical Flight Report Form and Migrant Handover Notification to the IOM Mission and the relevant MHS Unit involved within 2 days after the completion of tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- University degree in Medicine with any of the following specialties; Chest Physician/pulmonology; Internal medicine; Surgery; Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Cardiology, Anesthesiology, Emergency Care.
- Minimum five years of medical practice, preferably with work experience in Intensive Care Units or with other emergencies.
- Certificate regarding Basic life support/advance cardiac life support training.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Individual candidates should be in good health.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied and CV with three references to: Human Resources Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to [email protected]by 27-April-2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.