Tourism in Nepal is one of the most significant industries. It has a huge role in Nepal’s economy. The country which is small in its area is a complete package of natural beauty and cultural heritages. For this reason, people from all over the world are attracted to this beautiful haven. Every year, there are thousands of tourists visiting Nepal. So, Nepal tourism is increasing significantly. Nepal’s rich natural tapestry has the potential to captivate the eyes of every foreigner and the cultural tapestry it possesses has the capacity to hold any one’s heart.
Nepal tourism destinations in Nepal are so varied that it suits the taste of every varied individual. Tourism in Nepal ranges from various destinations for adventures, beautiful and staggering mountains, natural wilderness, trekking areas, cultural heritages, varied cultures and many others. Any place you go in Nepal has a different atmosphere that gives you a beautiful and unique experience. Various cities, villages and places are filled with natural and cultural beauty which is the uniqueness Nepal.
Nepal Tourism – Best Places to Visit in Nepal – Nepal destinations
Some of the most attractive tourism destinations in Nepal are given below:
- Kathmandu Valley: The cultural and political hub of Nepal, Kathmandu valley is the most developed cities in Nepal and it consists of 3 districts that are Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur. This single valley contains about 130 monuments. There are seven world heritage sites within the valley. These are Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Changu Narayan Temple, Pasupatinath Temple, Boudhanath stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath Temple and Patan Durbar Square. These artistic heritages are the country’s treasure and these are important tourism destinations for pilgrims from all over the world. The capital city of the country, Kathmandu has the international airport and most of the important offices. Thamel, in Kathmanduhas been the tourist center for about four decades with its distinguished narrow alleys with shops, vendors, restaurants, bars, travel agencies and hotels. It is the first wifi-zone of Nepal.
- Pokhara: The enchanting landscape of Pokhara with the backdrop of majestic mountain ranges like Machhapuchchhre, Dhaulagiri and Annapurna and the facilities for adventure tourism has made Pokhara hotspot for tourism. It is a tourism destination not only for the international tourists but for a huge number of domestic tourists as well. Also, the city contains numerous temples and gumbas like Tal Barahi Temple, Bindhyabasini temple, World Peace Pagoda etc which has made it a destination for pilgrims as well. The area along the Phewa called Lake has become one of the most crowded tourism areas. Street festival during the English New Year has also become very popular among both domestic and foreign tourists.
- Chitwan: Another popular tourist hub in Nepal is Chitwan. It is mainly famous for the Chitwan National Park. Tourists arrive to observe the endangered species like one horned rhinoceros and Bengal Tiger. Elephant safari in Chitwan is fascinating choice for tourists. For those interested in culture and tradition of Nepal, Chitwan also offers Tharu cultural shows and programs. Chitwan provides various choices in restaurants and hotels among the best ones.
- Mustang: Since some years, Mustang has seen the tourism industry booming. Spectacularly vast, arid and windswept corner of Nepal, i.e. Mustang is an amalgamation of natural beauty and cultural heritage. Ancient caves, monasteries and archaeological sites in Upper Mustang have made it one of the most appealing places in Nepal. Jomsom, Muktinath temple, Manthang temple are some of the famous places of Mustang.
- Khumbu/ Everest Region: Everest region has been ranked as the sixth best region in the world to travel by the Lonely planet. It includes the town of Namche Bazaar and villages like Thame, Khumjung, Pangboche, Pheriche and Khunde. Namche Bazaar is the gateway to high Himalayas in Nepal like Mt. Everest, Choyu, Lhotse, Amadablam, etc. Namche Bazar is the most expensive place in Nepal. Sagarmatha National Park also lies here which is famous among the tourists. If the mountains are calling, and you are all hyped to start making your trails then this is the right tourism destination for you.