UNICEF Regional Office for South Asia invites applications from qualified Nepali candidates with: commitment to the rights of women & children, strong drive for results, good people skills, and respect for equal gender & diversity and high integrity for:
Post Title: Budget and Finance Officer
Post Level: National Officer, NO-A
Post Duration: Fixed Term
Purpose of the Post:
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Chief of Operations, support the Regional Office In providing continuous and effective oversight and quality assurance of the operations functions of the country offices In the Region on operational aspects pertaining to performance monitoring, budget management. finance and accounts, general administration and office management, and development and Implementation of corporate systems and Initiatives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the preparation of the regional performance indicator and the bank optimization reports: monitoring and follow-up on the implementation of audit recommendations: supporting the regional budget preparation and review process and monitoring implementation of budget approvals, monitoring of the regional budgets, and supporting the development and implementation of corporate systems and initiatives.
Requirements for the post:
1. University degree, preferably advanced university degree or equivalent background, in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, or related fields of operations
2. Three years of progressively responsible experience in financial management and administration at the professional level. Experience in an International organization is highly desirable.
3. Excellent written and spoken English.
4. Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious & effective working relationship both within and outside the organization.
5. Functional Competencies: Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Planning and Organizing, Following Instructions.
If the above profile is met, please submit application along with a cover letter, on updated CV and contact numbers indicating post title to the following address on or before the closing date of 14 June 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Human Resources Officer
P. 0. Box 5815
*Qualified Female Candidates Are Encouraged To Apply*
**UNICEF is a Smoke-Free Environment**