Embassy of United States has announced scholarship for nepal.
REGIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE OFFICE
The Regional English Language Office (RELO) collaborates with the U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Sections in Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Maldives. The English Language Office supports the U.S. Fulbright-Hays Act of 1961, which aims to increase communication and mutual understanding between the people of the United States of America and the people of other countries throughout the world.
To achieve these goals, the English Language Officer (RELO) advises Posts on aspects of English Language Programming, consults with host-country ministry, university, and teacher-training officials, visits local schools and institutions, and attends local conferences and seminars, and helps Posts implement Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA)programs in the most effective manner. These programs include, but are not limited to the following:
- the English Access Microscholarship Program,
- the English Language Fellow Program,
- the English Language Specialist/Speaker Program,
- the E-Teacher Scholarship Program,
- the English Language Fellow Foreign Educator Program and
- educational materials/resources, such as the English Teaching Forum journal.
In addition, the English Language Office often provides advice for and engages in cooperation with:
- the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program,
- the Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Program,
- the Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program,
- the International Leaders in Education Program (ILEP),
- the Study of the U.S. Summer Institute for Secondary Educators Program,
- the International Visitor and Voluntary Visitor Programs,
- Alumni Exchange Programs,
- local and regional English Language Teacher Associations (e.g.,NELTA, BELTA, SLELTA), and
- regional conference organizers, as well as others who arrange training that is focused on English Language Teaching.
For this purpose, the RELO engages in developing, monitoring, and funding targeted local programs, supporting the development of local teacher’s organizations, and serving as a resource to teachers and other education professionals in the region to improve the overall quality of English language instruction.
Contact the Regional English Language Office (RELO) at[email protected]
Tel. (977) 1-400-7200 x 4195
Fax (977) 1-400-7280